I made this Banana Chocolate bread for my family's weekly Sunday supper. It was delicious and the perfect twist to a favorite classic. Plus, I usually make cupcakes or cookies so it was nice to branch out to breads.
What are you baking lately?
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups mashed overripe bananas (3 to 4)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until fluffy, 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down bowl as needed. Beat in bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture and chocolate on medium. Pour batter into pan. Bake until a skewer inserted in center of loaf comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let bread cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.