It's finally Summer here! This means two things:
1. daily bike rides
2. oven-free cooking
I don't know about you, but the last thing I want to do on a hot Summer night is slave away in front of the oven. That's why our go-to dinner is always open faced sandwiches.
And these did just the trick after a long day of reading, sunbathing and taking a long bike ride in the countryside.
What is your "go-to" Summer dinner menu?
Open-faced Egg Sandwiches
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 6 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Spring Herb Pesto
- 4 thick slices country-style bread, toasted
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto (optional)
- 4 hard-cooked large eggs, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 ounce Parmesan, shaved (1/4 cup)
In a medium bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, and oil. Add celery and radishes, toss, and season with salt and pepper.
Spread pesto on bread and top with prosciutto, if using, egg,
and Parmesan. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with pepper, and serve with
Source: Martha Stewart